Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lyfb

How to choose provider?

Lil B
13 years ago

I'm so confused. Do we want cable, U-verse, or satellite service for our new build house? To me, they all seem similiar, yet different. Does anyone know a good resource to find out answers? It seems in my area that we have the following available:

Charter Cable

AT&T U-Verse

Dish Network (currently we have)

DirectTV (prior customer)

I'm vaguely familiar with how Dish & DirectTV work. In our current home, we have Charter internet. What I hate about these companies, is that you go to their websites and there are so many "special" offers that are only for limited time periods, that I can't make sense of anything!

Where do I go to have a live person unbiasedly tell me the pros/cons of each? We have been to BestBuy and they are pushing DirectTV right now. Not sure they are unbiased, or not.

I'd like to receive at least some HD channels. We are not huge TV watchers though...and we rarely watch movies. When we do watch TV, we are almost always watching it off the DVR.

We currently have 3 TVs, we may add another. Ideally, I'd like the TVs in the kitchen and living room to be able to operate simulateneously on the same channel. I don't know if this is possible. So basically, I don't really want to have a receiver box in the kitchen. I simply want a mount on the wall in the kitchen that broadcasts whatever we have on in the living room.

In our current house, we have DishNetwork with 2 HD DVRs on dual tuners...but we only have 3 TVs. We *prefer* the DirectTV service over Dish (program guides seem more user friendly, more reliable service, and NFL ticket possibility). However, I like not having to mount a receiver at every TV. Is this really necessary with DirectTV?

I have no experience at all with cable service or with U-verse. Are they more cost effective?

We may consider budling TV, internet and phone...but it all depends.

Please help...where do I go for answers. These provider websites are absolute overload with all their gimmicks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living