Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Samsung 32' LCD-picture turning dark and red.

Posted by jjaazzy (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 14, 11 at 10:30

Please excuse the double post if your seeing this 2x I posted last night but now I don't see it and can't find it.
Anyway, we have had this TV since 06 or 07 it hardly gets used maybe 200 hours tops. It sits in a MBR and it had an ok picture on it, not earth shattering. Now the picture is turning dark and faces are turning red. You can adjust it but after the TV heats up after 20 - 30 min it starts turning again. Is it cost effective to fix these TV's now. Can it be done by a DIY'er. My DH is very handy and if he had a clue as to what to replace I think we could figure it out. My guess is that these things are now throw away. This particular TV was over 1000. when purchased and then year before last we purchased a no-name for my son for under 300.00. Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions? TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Samsung 32' LCD-picture turning dark and red.

You did not mention what the source is that you are viewing. Is the television connected directly to an antenna or cable coax, or are you using a STB (set top box), DVD player or other source?

If you are using one of the other sources, a bad cable connection could create similar intermittent problems. Sometimes removing and re-seating the cable can clean off oxidation on the connector pins. Also, cables sometimes themselves do fail.

Please provide a little more detail on your situation.

o
RE: Samsung 32' LCD-picture turning dark and red.

Thanks Yose, Well comcast is who is suppling the feed but about 6 months ago they provided a little digital converter for TV's that didn't have a digital box. I did check that the cables were in and tightened but you bring up a good point. I will disconnect it from it's source and try and hook up a computer to it and see what happens. Thanks I will try it this weekend and see if it changes things.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here