Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My digital converter remote is crazy

Posted by catherinet (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 21, 09 at 10:00

Everything with my digital converter box/remote, TV, DVD, and VCR had been working fine (other than it being a pain in the arse).
Yesterday, the dig. converter remote wouldn't turn on the TV. I figured out that I had to reprogram it to talk to the TV. Well, shortly after that, it quit working again. I can turn on my TV with my VCR remote, and then change the channels with the converter remote, but I can't turn the TV off and on with it.
So I tried to reprogram it again to talk to the TV, and instead of turning on the TV, it turns on the VCR!!!
What the heck? Is it possessed?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My digital converter remote is crazy

Make sure you don't have a button stuck in.

o

Okay. But I think it needs an exorcism. :)
Seriously though, when it does it again, I'll check out the buttons more closely.
I just can't stand this new digital changeover. It keeps me so busy with remotes that I probably use up a fair number of calories a day, just reaching for different remotes, turning the volume up or down for each different channel, looking for all the remotes, throwing the remotes, etc., etc.

o
Just remembered.......

P.S. jdbillp,
I just remembered that I've tried the other digital converter remotes that I have for other TVs, and the same thing happened on this specific TV/VCR setup. Its like it chooses to communicate with the VCR, but not the TV.

o

The benefits of progress...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here