Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dish and Picture Size

Posted by josal (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 07 at 9:34

I just changed back to Dish from Charter and have a ? yr. old Sony 36XBR Wega, a 622 Dish box and an new HD dish on the roof (installer said the old dish wouldn't get the three satellites needed for HD). My problem is that we are getting a much reduced size picture for non-HD channels and when I click the format button on the remote the picture changes to a letterbox format, but the picture is then distorted. I had this same experience with Dish the last time I had it installed with this same TV, and at that time there were so few HD channels available, I just had them change the box to an non-HD one and the problem was solved. I would like to keep the HD service now that more HD programming is available so is there anything I can do to solve the problem short of getting a new TV? Or would that even solve the problem.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dish and Picture Size

There is a site, http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11, where you can often get some Dish answers. The sign-up is a bit tedious and there is a lot of traffic so you questions plunge off the bottom of the page quickly, I save a link to any question I post to facilitate quick return.

Somewhere, via that site you can find an email address to the old Ekostar (?sp) help. They once answered a question for me but I don't recall -- let me check -- I've lost it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here