Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bluray player and sex ads?

Posted by javaandjazz (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 6, 14 at 9:15

I was watching a bluray rented from Netflix a few nights ago. About half way through the movie a sex ad popped on and it was very graphic. I think the bluray stopped and somehow the player connected to my wi-fi. I had to restart the movie. The bluray player is a sony and it's about 3 weeks old. I called both Netflix and sony and they claim to not have heard of this problem. Can any of you give me some insite into this? Also I went back to the spot on the disc where I think it happened and I could not repeat it.Thanks, Richie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bluray player and sex ads?

I have certainly never heard of this. It does not seem like it should be on the disk, especially if it can't be repeated. So that leaves any Internet connection you might have. Does this go through a PC at all? If so, do you run any antivirus software? It's good to have more than one. I run Avast free version all the time, and periodically do a scan with Malwarebytes (also free) to catch adware and stuff that Avast misses. None of them seem to get it all by themselves.

o

Run your antivirus programs as well as malware remover ... I use Avira antivirus and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

You will also want to run a spyware remover ...

Spybot Search and Destroy will help to kill the spyware ...

Ad-aware is also a good choice for cutting down on the random ads you see online.

All of these programs are FREE to download and use for personal use.

My guess for what happened is pretty simple ... You were watching a movie and some spyware started up and popped the add up on your screen, causing you to stop the movie to deal with the problem.

o

I am not running the Netflix through the pc. The disc was in the player. I have antivirus software and run it periodically and have not found any problems. I played a disc last night and there were no problems. It was weird!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here