Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Phillips 29PT5685/79R just shuts down led blinks

Posted by RobKar (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 9, 05 at 8:49

It will switch on for anywhere between 2 minutes to 2 hours then just switches off, at times in the center of the screen you can see the 3 colours for a few seconds but fades away,the standby led then blinks 15 times then a pause then repeats. TV has to be then turned off then on again before it'll go again.
Its a model 29PT5683/79R with an A8.0A chassis, other numbers on the id plate are SV009850

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Phillips 29PT5685/79R just shuts down led blinks

I have a Philips model 27RF70S125 television that just shuts off with no warning. Once it shuts off you just have to wait for a period of time before it can be turned on again. Anywhere from a few minutes to hours. I would love to here if the problems might be similar.

Bloodhound

o

Hi, The standby led starts blinking on this one, and it will turn on again straight away, as long as the power switch is turned of then on again, then it will turn on from the remote or the pad on top of the TV, I've a copy of the service manual, that mentions a ( size >21') in a triangle but have no idea as to what that refers to, it then goes on about desoldering things from there, and testing to eliminate it

o

I have a 2002 Philips 27RF70S125 and it keeps shutting off by itself. I will turn on again in 1-10 minutes but shuts back off again after a while. Any suggestions on what could be causing it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here