Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Philips Magnavox TV reduced to horizontal line intermittently

Posted by repairgeek (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 07 at 23:51

I have a Philips Magnavox Model TS2556 C121, Chassis 25F800 7583. When turned on, the picture is a horizontal band around the center of the screen with perfect audio and I can change channels etc. After about half an hour I get the full screen and this goes on intermittently after that. This looks like a capacitor issue (my limited electronics tell me capacitor is either charging or discharging incorrectly (or leaking). Not sure if it is the vertical or horizontal circuit that is the issue (and how to locate either) Ayy tips will be highly appreciated. Not sure if Pee Wee is still on the forums but he seems to have quite some experience with Magnavox TVs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Philips Magnavox TV with a DVD recorder

My friend bought a SV2000 DVD recorder to use on her Magnavox TV (model # 25f800 7583) but the tv is mono. She connected the coaxial correctly, but the tv itself does not let her turn to AUX, INPUT, etc. through the remote nor on the tv itself. It only has a MENU button, but it does not work. She's tried channels, 2,3,4 and went below 2 to see if the AUX/ INPUT would be accessed that way, but no luck. Any suggestions?

o
RE: Philips Magnavox TV with a DVD recorder

My friend bought a SV2000 DVD recorder to use on her Magnavox TV (model # 25f800 7583) but the tv is mono. She connected the coaxial correctly, but the tv itself does not let her turn to AUX, INPUT, etc. through the remote nor on the tv itself. It only has a MENU button, but it does not work. She's tried channels, 2,3,4 and went below 2 to see if the AUX/ INPUT would be accessed that way, but no luck. Any suggestions?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here