Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
depth of tv cabinet

Posted by bhebert (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 30, 09 at 22:10

I am having a cabinet built for in an outdoor entertaining area for a flat panel TV. What depth should I have the cabinet made? I want to mount a flat panel TV to the back of the cabinet. The TV I am looking at is 4" deep. I was thinking of using a cantilever TV mount that would allow me to extend and rotate the TV and also be able to push the TV to the back of the cabinet when not in use. The mount will extend 15.5", so I was thinking of making the cabinet 10"-12" deep? When fully retracted, the mount is 3" deep, so combined with the depth of the TV, when the mount is fully retracted, I would need a minimum of 7" of cabinet depth to accomidate the TV.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: depth of tv cabinet

Are you going to put any audio or video components into this cabinet?

o

no just a television. i have a separate media cabinet for the components.

o

Your cabinet depth sounds fine.

Some things to consider:

How far do you want to be able to pivot the TV?

How large is the screen going to be?

When you pull the TV out fully, the center of gravity will change. Make sure the cabinet won't tip over.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here