Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julialee23

Philips 32" Model: 32pfl6704D/f7 Chassis:pl9.3

julialee23
9 years ago

My Philips TV has developed a life of its' own!! There are 4 main symptoms that appear randomly.

1. The tv powers on and off unless the power is completely disconnected from the source.

2. The tv continuously cycles through the set up menu and cannot be controlled by the remote.

3. The tv continuously cycles through the Select Source menu and cannot be controlled by the remote.

4. The volume cannot be controlled by the remote.

If by some miracle, the tv settles down enough to connect either to Cable or to the Samsung Smart DVD player, i might be able to control selections of channels or dvd options for a while before the menus pop up and start cycling through once again.

I must unplug from the main power in order to turn it off, so it sits overnight at the very least, but is usually uncontrollable as soon as i plug it back in.

I have tried resetting it by pushing the 2 volume or 2 channel selection buttons on the unit itself at the same time, but this does nothing.

I have tried removing the batteries from the remotes, but this does nothing.

My daughter says i need to give up, but this forum seems to be the most comprehensive and solution oriented place I have seen in the last two weeks of searching for help, that I am hopeful you will be able to solve this very annoying problem!

thanks very much!!!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
F&S Building Innovations Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Virginia's Experienced Deck and Patio Builders