Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silverchair_freak

Cordless Drill

silverchair_freak
10 years ago

Hi

my name is jesse, and im an electrical apprentice, i have all my hand tools except for cordlessdrills. Im looking for a rattler or a drill with hammer drill combo (must be cordless), what brand should i go for?

Price is no matter.

Thanks.

Comments (7)

• sushipup1
    10 years ago

Well, Jesse, you're in Australia, so I would guess that the readers here, who are mainly from North America, might have entirely different brands available to them. Maybe check some websites that cover your part of the world.

• geoffrey_b
    10 years ago

Makita

• mike_kaiser_gw
    10 years ago

With you being "down under" I have no idea what brands area available to you. I don't know what a "rattler" is either.

A Google search show a supplier in Australia and it seems many brands that are available here are available in Australia. Tools of the Trade (it's an American magazine geared towards construction pros) gave the nod to Milwaukee's impact driver (which may be a "rattler").

Cordless hammer drills are fine for light duty stuff but anything beyond Tapcons is going to require a corded hammer drill. Hard to go wrong with Hilti.

• toxcrusadr
    10 years ago

Bosch makes some very nice tools. My carpenter likes Makita also.

• toxcrusadr
    10 years ago

Bosch makes some very nice tools. My carpenter likes Makita also.

• xedos
    10 years ago

Cordless hammer drills are not really powerful enough to do serious work, so it will depend on what you are trying to accomplish.

Festool makes a nice combo drill/driver/hammer unit that will last you a while but will cost you major $$$

Panasonic has one too in some markets.

• robertz6
    10 years ago

The Tool Shed forum will be a better choice for this question than the the Electronics forum.

In the US, many pros will use De Walt and Milwaukee. I myself like Porter-Cable, as I do not use tools as much as a pro would.

If you choose a inexpensive brand like Ryobi, that would identify you as a rookie, IMHO.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler