Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for good small LCD tv

Posted by jenn (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 9, 07 at 20:28

OK, forget about the cheap 15" TV. :-)

Can anyone recommend a good LCD TV around 15-19"? It will probably be mounted on the wall to watch while we use the treadmill, but also for other occasional viewing. Budget about $300.

Thanks,
Jen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for good small LCD tv

time to move down

o

Why? Let it stay up there so others can see it... it will move down on its own.

o

I'd check out Sharp or Toshiba. I would avoid the no-names and the brands-in-name-only (Polaroid, Sylvania, etc.).

o

We have 3 LCD flat screens. One is a a Sony, which is very clear, but I hate the remote. The one in my bedroom and exercise room are both Sharps. I love my sharp in my exercise room because it has such a user friendly remote.(nice when on the treadmill). Good picture, good sound, fairly good price.

o

I didn't mention this, but we first bought a polaroid thinking we would save some money on the bedroom tv, about a $3-400 difference. We took the Polaroid back and replaced it with the Sharp Aquous. I love that Sharp. The picture is not as clear as the Sony in the family room, but you wouldn't know that unless you had them sitting side by side. I still love the sharp's remote too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here