Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Exclusive TV Guide Channel Gone?

Posted by candler (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 26, 09 at 19:03

A couple years back I bought a Panasonic 42" plasma. I was surprised, and happy, it had a dedicated TV Guide channel exclusively to acquire program information. It was not the commercial ladened channel most of us see.

I no longer have the dedicated channel. I have the buttons on my clicker that should enable it but it doesn't show up. I don't have any idea what happened.

I'll appreciate whatever help I can get. Thanks, Gene

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Exclusive TV Guide Channel Gone?

This is no help except to report you are not alone. Someone reporting on a site called pricegrabbers complained that the TV Guide Channel sporadically didn't work. I found no date on the comment but it appeared to be significantly in the past.

o

I think that the digital change over may have killed that channel. Are you on antenna or cable?

o

Hello, again. I live just outside Asheville, N. C. and subscribe to Charter Cable. I've viewed some Net forums and tried a thing or two to get my on screen TV Guide. It didn't work. I e-mailed Panasonic (my TV). Their reply said to call them which I did this morning.

You're right that the problem is likely a result of the analog/digital change over. A piggy back signal to run the proprietary TV Guide channel use to come on PBS. Within the past year that piggy back signal was switched over to CBS.

Panasonic suggested I do a couple of things to try to revive my TV Guide. I did that but it takes 24 hours to know if it will work.

Even before hearing from Panasonic I e-mailed WSPA (CBS) coming on Charter. They have not responded. However, I've seen on their channel, as well as WLOS (ABC) and maybe others, the message saying they have encountered problems with the analog/digital change over that likely won't be resolved for a long time.

Good luck to all of us. Gene

o

Charter has discontinued the TV guide before without announcement or anything. In central Nevada a few years back they just up and discontinued it for one county only. Persons in surrounding counties could still get it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here