Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
taysams

Phillips HD TV - Picture quality diminished

taysams
14 years ago

Hello every one, this is my first post. I apprciate any help in advance.

I have a 61" floor console Phillips HDTV which is about 5 years old now. When we first got the unit it was fabulous. Now over time, the picture quality has greatly diminished.

Now I will admit, this unit has been used; a lot of on hours and also quite a bit of Xbox gaming.

We noticed a couple of months ago, that on dark movies, the picture quality is terrible. Detail can not be made out, and there is an over all blue/green milky tint to the whole picture on dark movies such as Pirates of the Carribean, Worlds End and even Hancock. It is totally unwatchable. Lighter movies and shows are ok, but there is no crisp picture on those either. Video games still play well on it, but sgain, not very crisp or detailed.

For those of you with Direct TV and their DVR, you will be familiar with the Pause screen; this is black, with the Direct TV logo rolling around like "PONG". This graphic has the light milky halo aorund it too.

After giving the background, my question is, can this be fixed at a reasonable price or should I look into investing money in a new one?

Blue ray does not help the picture at all, it is still milky and not crisp line and blurry detail.

Does anyone know what the problem is or has anyone experienced anything similar?

Again, any help is appreciated.

Kent

Comment (1)