Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dilly_ny_gw

Airplay or Sonos ?

dilly_ny
10 years ago

New to this forum and I hope you can help me.

I am thinking of buying Airplay or Sonos for home audio system. This system will primarily be used in our great room and porch. The ability to add other rooms would be a plus.

-We want intergration of all our apple products. We have an older imac, several ipods, iphones and ipads. We have already determined that we need airplay to print wirelessly from our apple devices. We are open to getting apple tv, but not sure what it does.

-We are not tech savy. We find it aggravating when things do not connect smoothly and we find it cumbersome to resolve (to the point we consider hiring someone to fix). For example, we have a Samsung Smart tv and do not use any of its features. 3 remotes to operate drive us insane!

-Running wires thru the walls is not an option at this point as we've recently renovated and did not run the wires beforehand.

-We want the ability to have different music playing in different rooms and different volumes.

-We want to control the system with our handheld apple devices.

-2 tweens are starting to get their own music and want to easily play it

We do not want to spend more than $600.

What are pros and cons of Airplay vs. Sonos for our situation? Is either one better for us? I have been impressed with sonos, but not sure if apple airplay would be easier since we are highly apple loyal at this point.

Thanks!

Comment (1)