Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
poor signal on s-video cable (scrolling lines)

Posted by pinballsands (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 28, 08 at 15:16

My lcd tv has two s-video inputs and I have two satellite receivers with outputs. I tried different combinations only to have the same result. I cleaned and inspected the connectors many times and see no problems. Frustrated, I hooked the coaxial wire back up and left the s-video hooked up as well. Surprisingly, the scrolling lines went away. Is this a ground problem in the s-video cable?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: poor signal on s-video cable (scrolling lines)

If your LCD has only S-Video tv inputs it must be very old. Most LCD's in the last 5- 10 years usually had component, DVI, or HDMI inputs. DVI and HDMI are digital inputs and are similar, except DVI only carries video, while HDMI can carry both audio and video. S-Video mostly goes back to VCR days and doesn't have the quality of component or HDMI.

I'm suprised your satellite tv receiver doesn't have an HDMI output. If your LCD is that old and only has DVI there are HDMI/DVI adapters at Radio Shack and various online electric stores.

Greg

Greg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here