Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
astrovel

Do I have a TV problem or DVD or Antenna problem?

astrovel
14 years ago

The volume on my digital TV is lower than I think it should be. When viewing the OTA networks, the sound is fairly good but still is about 3/4 way on the audio scale. But when I try to watch a DVD, the sound has to be all the way maxed out and I still can't hear what is being said much of the time, especially if an actor is speaking in a low voice or whispering, and the sound is kind of muffled.

The DVD player is quite new, but has no sound settings that can be adjusted so volume must be adjusted with the TV remote.

I don't know if the HDMI cable connected from the DVD player to the TV might be bad???? Do they go bad? If that is the case, I shouldn't be able to view the OTA networks thru the DVD player??? and I can view them but the volume is the same as with the TV remote.

I am not getting perfect signals from my digital antenna because it needs to be adjusted on the pole but I am getting enough channels to judge the sound volumes.

What would cause the sound to be so low and muffled from the TV in both cases, OTA channels and also the DVD?.

Might it be the audio within the TV itself? Why would playing a DVD make it worse?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor