Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Samsung TV Sale at Best Buy

Posted by crabapplemcn (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 16, 09 at 12:19

This week, BB has 55" LED for 3K and 46" LED for 2K. I am interested in these TV's but am not moving into a new house for a couple months. I don't really want to pull the trigger now but the prices are lowest they've been. Any advice, can I expent the prices to be lower in a couple months? thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Samsung TV Sale at Best Buy

Sounds like a good buy until I tell you that I just bought a Samsung LN55B650 55-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Red Touch of Color for $2249.99. I purchased it on-line at Amazon.com. I should say that I used a $300 dollar voucher that they offered.

o

He's talking about LED, .... not LCD ..

Contrast ratio: 1,000,000 .... Contrast ratio: 150,000

o

its an LCD tv with LED backlighting ,not a true LED TV... ALSO KNOWN TO SUFFER FROM SLOW RESPONSE TIME ON FAST MOVING PICS

o

They're both 120Hz ..
and the LED (backlit) still has 1,000,000 Dynamic contrast ratio

o

dynamic contrast is nothing more than a advertising ploy, nobody drives a tv at full colour contrast settings, static or natural contrast is really the proper spec to compare

o

FWIW, I recently purchased a Samsung 46 in LCD LN46C610 ($878 + tax) and a 32 in LCD LN32C350D1D ($349 + tax). The big one is 1080p/120 hz and the small one is 720p/60 hz. So far, I like both very much.

o

local home store, menards, had a 32" lcd for 200. after 70 rebate which is a store credit. they are sneaky. not that store credit is fake but it forces you to buy more stuff there. which i probably will do anyway. rambling....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here