Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Westinghouse LCD Monitor

Posted by lititia (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 4, 06 at 10:10

I have a Westinghouse LCM17v2 computer monitor that I have had now for 15 months. It won't turn on. I have checked all of the cable connections, I have disconnected and re-connected everything, I have even moved the computer to the other side of the room where it worked before to see if it is the power supply. The light will turn green and the screen says, NO SIGNAL INPUT. Then it just goes black, with the power light turning to orange. I have called Westinghouse but they had no solutions, except to say "call the geek squad." Of course, the one year warranty ran out in March :o(
Can anyone please give me some tips? (I don't have another computer to test it on...I only have a laptop).
Please advise.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Westinghouse LCD Monitor

Did you buy the monitor with a credit card that extends the original warrenty (like American Express)?

o
RE: Westinghouse LCD Monitor

You can look at the cable that connects to your laptop and make sure none of the pins inside are bent or askew. If they are, use a very small screwdriver carefully to straighten them out. Then try reconnecting.

Do you have a friend or neighbor with a computer to which you could bring your monitor? That would be one way to test it. Another option would be to bring it in to some place that offers computer repair and see if they can get a signal into it. Right now you don't know if the problem is with the monitor or your laptop.

If that's not possible, one thing you can do is use your laptop screen to start your computer (I'm guessing Windows) and go into the Displays Control Panel to set the computer to its lowest resolution. Then connect the Westinghouse and see if it works. If it does, the problem was with a video setting on your laptop and you can figure out the best settings for your own use. If it doesn't, it's still unknown whether it's the laptop or the display, but you know there's a hardware repair in there somewhere. You'll have to take it to a computer-repair place.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here