Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
TV screen has green tint when connected to laptop

Posted by bedelia (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 1, 12 at 9:21

We use an HDMI cable to connect our laptop to our plasma TV. We have streamed movies(from netflix and websites) and use the TV as a monitor for our laptop occasionally. Everything worked good.

Now when we connect the TV and laptop, the TV screen has a mostly green tint. The picture on the TV when not connected to the laptop is fine and so is the laptop monitor when used alone.

I know my husband did adjust the TV picture settings recently and I wonder if that did it. But again the picture itself on our plasma is fine when viewing cable TV.

I've tried adjusting the TV tint to no avail. Or do I need to play around more with the laptop settings? Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks for any info.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: TV screen has green tint when connected to laptop

Since HDMI uses digital RGB or YUV signals over three separate conductors to carry the video information, a break in one of those conductors within the HDMI cable can cause problems like you describe.

First thing is to try another HDMI cable.

If the problem is still there, do you have another laptop, or another HDMI source, to try on your display using the original cable?

Do you have another display with HDMI input that your can connect your laptop to, again using the original cable?

The picture settings menus usually only affect the individual input that you have set them to.

I'd say chances are the cable since it sounds like it gets a little more flexing from connecting/disconnecting to your laptop.

o
RE: TV screen has green tint when connected to laptop

Thanks for your input. I did check the cable connection, and a pin was bent. I straightened it and everything looks good now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here