Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ipod Q About Shuffling ItunesLibrary ) Capacity of Ipod

Posted by cactusmcharris (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 8, 12 at 5:19

I have a 4 GB Nano (?) the library for which is larger than the Nano's capacity. How do I always have a shuffled sync with songs around the total capacity (but always different ones) without having to wipe it clean (I'm not even sure that works)?

Thanks,

Jeff

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ipod Q About Shuffling ItunesLibrary ) Capacity of Ipod

Hi! I have the same problem as you have with the 8GB nano. Even wiping it clean and re-syncing from the entire library, I found that I ended up with many of the same songs. To get around that, I created several playlists of around 7.5 GB, and you can even put the same songs in several playlists if there are songs that you really like. So, when I feel for a change, I re-sync it from a different playlist. On the Music tab, there will be a list of all your playlists, and you can select one or more playlists. If you select only one playlist, it will sync the iPod with only the songs from that playlist. That's the only way I found that will give me all "fresh" songs every time. I hope this helps!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here