Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a new Tv, thoughts on led/plasma

Posted by aellis722 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 4, 14 at 2:33

Im in the market to get a new tv. I have always preferred plasma screens to lcd/led screens, at least they have always looked better to be in the store. With most of the manufactures killing plasma screens outside LG and Samsung. What led tv manufacture should I go with? I owned a really old Hitachi lcd tv and I returned it within one day after seeing really bad motion blur while watching sports. Im sure my now they are allot better then they use to be, but not sure what to look for. Allot of them I see on the market are 120 Hz now so im sure they are better. Are 120 Hz sets good with fast motion in sports? I dont have a whole lot of money to spend, but I got a HH Gregg store credit of 600.00 dollars that I want to use before it expires. I dont mind putting some money with it, im just ready to upgrade my old crt. I know plasma is all but dead, but It would fill the wants I have with a tv fast fluid motion and good black levels. What are your thoughts on LED/plasma screens?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a new Tv, thoughts on led/plasma

I think that plasma looks infinity better than LCD but like the Betamax quality looses to price in a Wal-Mart world. If it was me, I'd be looking for a Panasonic plasma before they're all gone. They have number of great sets in a variety of price ranges including one that supposedly beats the Kuros.

Beyond that, Samsung makes some really nice LCDs in their upper range.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here