Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fault Code FE 30 for induction cooktop

Posted by gilbert_2007 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 28, 12 at 0:49

Dear experts: My Miele induction cooktop stopped
working after a power outage (possibly a power surge) and gave the above fault code. The technical help forwarded me an e-mail which suggested the following remedies:
1) check the incoming voltage (how do you do this?)
2) check the connection terminal allocation (again...how do you do this?)
It goes on to say that the "secondary voltage of transformer-rectifier may have been too high (primary voltage greater than 300 volts)

Can anyone explain what this means and how I might check out the above remedies. The third option is to buy new control panels which could run me $1000 to $2000!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fault Code FE 30 for induction cooktop

I can't help you specifically, but I really wonder how they expect you to do that yourself? Is it no longer under warranty?

Shortly after (less than 2 weeks) getting my Kenmore induction stove it started throwing fault codes (can't remember the number).

The service technician had never seen the induction model before, spent a long time on the phone and then decided they will replace all the boards in the stove! I said no way -- talked to my salesman, got a replacement stove and have never had a problem since.!

o
RE: Fault Code FE 30 for induction cooktop

Suggest you repost this in appliance forum including the model number and do a search for that number in the search block near the bottom of the thread list page.

These instructions are obviously meant as starting hints for a qualified technician you might call in for repair work. Miele cooktops usually have special fasteners requiring special tools to gain access to the interior.

The first economical first step would be to find someone with enough smarts to check the power is completely off from the double circuit breaker involved. Then gain access to the junction box where the cooktop wires meet the house wires and check they are all firmly connected.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here