Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what could be wrong with this rca vcr?

Posted by janepa (My Page) on
Sun, May 3, 09 at 22:56

We have a 10 yr. old RCA 4 head VHS VCR - Model # VR629HF. While I would like to get a DVD player/recorder, my husband likes the simplicity of this VCR, but it is now not working. He has checked everything he knows to check, such as the fuse,and power to the fuse, which are both okay. The message window does not light up,and it takes no direction from the remote. It acts like it is not getting power.
Thank you for any suggestions. Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what could be wrong with this rca vcr?

I know this sounds silly, but is it really plugged in?

If so, it may be a blown inline fuse. They are inside the VCR near where the power cord enters the rear.

If not the fuse than it is likely the power supply. If so, toss it.

o
RE: what could be wrong with this rca vcr?

Yes, it was plugged in and as I posted above "He has checked everything he knows to check, such as the fuse,and power to the fuse, which are both okay". He has some kind of instrument that shows if there is a connection.

Thanks for your suggestions.

It served him well for 10 yrs. so maybe it is time to upgrade. He does not like change, and we did try a DVD player/recorder from QVC and could never figure out how it worked so we sent it back. We will buy local for the service and help in using it.

Jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here