Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any trustworthy computer help forums?

Posted by mljan (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 12 at 20:51

It looks like computer problems aren't discussed here, but would any of you know of a good free site to ask questions? I have a Vista home system, and have never backed it up. Today I finally attempted to, directing the backup to my D "RECOVERY" disc, but I now suspect that D is for the system to use, not me, because it's much too small. The backup failed, and I'm being nagged by the system with "you're almost out of disc space" type nags. My main disc "C" still has plenty of space.

I knew I should have left well-enough alone. Sigh.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any trustworthy computer help forums?

Well, we have an excellent Computer help forum right here at GardenWeb. The distinction is Electronics=household TV, etc. instead of computers.

Just check "more forums".

o

Thanks so much, can't believe I missed the computer heading on the forums page.

o

It's an old thread, and this link might get deleted, but I had a particularly nasty virus one time, and I found a website called www.bleepingcomputer.com.

There is a waiting list, and it may be a few days before somebody takes on your case, but these people know what they're doing, and if they solve your problem, you are asked to make a donation of whatever you feel the help was worth to you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here