Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GoVideo DV1230

Posted by ilmbg (My Page) on
Sun, May 27, 12 at 19:35

I was just given an old dvd/vhs comdo. No remote/instructions.
ALL dvd have subtitles. If O use the 'setup' button on the unit, go to setup/dvd/language/subtitle/'automatic', I cannot get it to do anything other than automatic..no 'off' or other relase of subtitle.
What am I doing wrong?
When the dvd/movie first starts, there is a 'box' that shows checkmarks :
audio "checked'
subtitle not checked- an' X' is there
language- 'English'- checked

How do I get subtitles off- this is a store-bought movie- not a knockoff.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GoVideo DV1230

I think you are going to need a remote that allows you to get into the DVD player setup menus as opposed to the DVD disc menus.

You can even find universal remotes at the Dollar Tree that should contain your DVD player's remote code, that then will allow you to enter into the low level setup menus and set the subtitle function from always on, to always off, as a default on all discs.

o

Hi yosemite- Thanks for your info. I did buy a universal remote- it has a 'govideo' code, but none of the codes work!
I think Magnavox was the maker of Govideo, so maybe if I contact them...?
Thanks

o

GoVideo typically sourced product from Korean OEM manufacturers. Try all the codes also listed for Samsung and LG DVD players.

BTW Magnavox is only a brand name which has been owned by Funai Electric for years. Funai also owns several other brand names such as Philips, Symphonic, and Emerson.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here