Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Philips Magnavox 32' TV Model number 32MT3305/17

Posted by samtheman619 (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 07 at 16:52

I have a Philips Magnavox 32" television. I've had it for 1.5 years, and a couple of days ago during a program it shut itself off. Now when I turn it on, it works for about 15 seconds before the screen turns gray and it shuts itself off again. Why does this happen, and can someone please help me fix it? I am out of warranty. Here is the information:

Model Number: 32MT3305/17
Serial Number: YA1a0522880986

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Philips Magnavox 32' TV Model number 32MT3305/17

It has been several days and you have probably gotten frustrated and already done something, but just in case: unplug it from the wall overnight.

I've a Magnavox 32 something which recovered once when I did that. The reason I did that is because I have a tiny worthless old TV that must be unplugged several times a year.

o

samtheman

Did unplugging the TV overnight help? I have a 32" with similar trouble

o

Unplugging did not help, unfortunately. I tried everything, from moving it to a different socket in a different room, to even opening the back and looking at the picture tube to see if anything was burnt.

I didn't find anything. If someone knows how to fix this problem, please say something because I have no TV at the moment.

o

What tool do i need to rmove the back of magnavox model 32mt3305/17 and what sodering tool to i need to replace the 10 ohm resister?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here