Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
steve_a_gw

Dilemma with battery charging

steve_a
16 years ago

I'm posting here because it seems to be the most likely place to get an answer. Let me explain: I'm trying to get my FIL's mobility scooter running so the I can sell it for him (they've moved, he has another powered wheel chair that he uses.) It uses a pair of lead-acid batteries, 24v total. It has an external charger that plugs into the scooter. He hardly used the scooter in about three years, and I doubt he regularly charged the batteries. No matter how long I charge the batteries now, I can't get it to run. The charger always shows a green light, indicating that the batteries are fully charged. I have the manual, but it's poorly written. For a while, there was enough charge to light the headlight and sound the horn. Now, not even that. I suspect that it may be a charger problem, but I could be wrong. It will cost $100 for a pair of batteries, and possibly the same or more for a charger. I doubt that I can take the batteries on trial basis, but I haven't asked about that. Batteries Plus says they carry the batteries. Everything else on the scooter seems fine: connections, etc. Any advise? Thanks.

Comments (4)