Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can records be made into CD's ?

Posted by toomuchglass (My Page) on
Sun, May 6, 07 at 13:57

I have a bunch of old records that I would love to have recorded onto CD's. Is this possible ? Any advice you can give me would be REALLY Appreciated - these are my deceased father's records and just listening to some of them would bring back beautiful memories. Thanks !
Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can records be made into CD's ?

Yes, and there are companies out there which will do it for you.

You also can do it yourself, but you will need a CD writer (or "burner") and, of course, a turntable and amplifier. You can either buy a standalone CD-writer, connect it to your stereo system, and record onto it almost as if you were making a tape copy.

Many people, though (me included) prefer to route the amplified turntable signal into their computer (most recent computers will have acceptable -- not great -- sound circuitry for this) and use software which can eliminate pops and clicks, delete unwanted tracks, make sound levels equal, etc. Bear in mind, though, that this "perfection" has a price in your time.

But yes, it definitely can be done!

o

Thank you SOOOOOO Much ! Since I Don't have alot of computer knowledge (or time for that matter ) what kind of company would I contact to do that ? I can't even begin to imagine how to start looking or even what to look under in the phone book! It might pay for itself just to have them done for me. Now I'm excited !

o

Look in the yellow pages under "Audio Production" and start calling.

o

Hi Kathy,

I'm a musician and producer. I have my own (albeit small) operation out of Seattle. I write, record, etc. I have all of the necessary equipment to do this for you and would love to work out a deal. I would work out a price with you that was very fair - since I am not a huge production house.

If you're interested, PM me or reply to this post.

Best wishes
Tyler

o

I sent you an e mail , Tyler. Hope you get it & thank you :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here