Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dvd recorder/vcr combos

Posted by zzeasy (My Page) on
Sun, May 9, 10 at 13:34

Has anyone had good results using a DVDR/VCR combo? I have already returned a JVC and a Panasonic (Panasonic was defective but when I went to exchange it, the 2 on the shelf were also obvious returns, so I took a refund). When getting my refund I saw a Samsung combo return behind the customer service counter, so now I'm suspicious that none are any good. Of the 2 I had, the JVC seemed more user friendly but I wasn't pleased with regular TV played through its tuner or with a copied VHS tape; DVD played wasn't as good as through my old DVD player either. Panasonic was terrible and seemed to be a lot more complicated to use from the little I tried. So--- any experiences with other brands or these combos in general?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dvd recorder/vcr combos

Although its been a couple of years since I played with one, the Sony RDR-VX560 seemed to be pretty good.

o
RE: dvd recorder/vcr combos

Not sure what your exact problems were but playback of either of these formats is now is pretty much straight forward... almost hard to make them look bad.

While user interfaces can vary, it seems that there may be other issues with either your connections or display device.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here