Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do I need to buy 2 different brands of digital tv converter boxes

Posted by dfmrb (My Page) on
Sat, May 31, 08 at 13:33

Do I need to have 2 different brands of digital TV converter boxes if I want to watch one TV channel and at the same time record a different channel on my VCR? I don't want my remote control to simultaneously change both converter boxes to the same channel.

Also does anyone recommend one brand of digital TV converter boxes over another? Is there one that enables you to program the VCR to record at a certain time?

Thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do I need to buy 2 different brands of digital tv converter b

Many of the digital converter boxes are made by the same company. I believe the LG, Insignia, and Zenith boxes are the same and would probably have interchangeable remote controls.

I haven't seen any of the boxes with built in timer capablility.

o

The Echostar TR-40 converter box is supposed to have the timer capability, but the unit isn't in stores yet.

o

I don't record so it didn't matter, but I purchased two and the GE from Target seems to be a litle higher quality than the Magnavox that I got from Wally-World, especially the remote, which is much more user friendly...

o

How much is the GE?

o

The GE and the Magnovox were the same price--$49.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here