Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cheaply record MP3 from PC and play on clock radio-no batteries?

Posted by tumbleweed_lee (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 07 at 13:26

Is there an inexpensive way to copy MP3 files from a PC for play on a clock radio, say for later listening to radio program podcasts.

I'd rather not use an MP3 player that needs batteries or recharging to play it via a clock radio audio input. Are there any inexpensive MP3 players that use house current?

Are there any inexpensive clock radios that take memory cards? I've seen one that takes SD cards, but it has an $850.00 price tag!

How much of a hassle would it be to burn CDs to play on a CD clock radio?

Much floundering appreciation for any help you can give.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cheaply record MP3 from PC and play on clock radio-no batteri

Most of the good MP3 players like the ipod or Vision M allow you to keep the unit plugged into either a cradle or a/c charger and still be used.

Have you considered a docking unit?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here