Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cell phone without camera, with Palm-type function

Posted by nancy_in_mich (My Page) on
Thu, May 15, 08 at 13:25

Is there anyone else out there who works in a business that does not want employees bringing camera phones to work? I would think that this would be common - but apparently not. DH has a nice simple cell phone, and a Palm. When he looks for something to replace them both with, there is nothing out there that does not have a camera. He wants to be able to sync it to his laptop so his schedule can be updated.

I have no idea how the employer could possibly monitor the presence of cameras on employee cells, especially since tens of thousands enter and exit headquarters every day. But DH is a stickler for "the rules" and won't buck company policy. Any ideas? We're on Verizon now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cell phone without camera, with Palm-type function

As a Palm user, I sympathize. He's not going to be happy with anything else, and all of Palm's phones have cameras. As do 99% of other phones. So if he doesn't want to buck policy, he will have to carry two devices, as I do. Verizon makes a basic phone, Coupe, with no camera, My wife has one and likes it. I'm sure there are a few others. What he really wants, I think is a Palm Centro phone. I'm not sure about Blackberries, maybe they don't have cameras, since the Govt and companies seem to be crazy about giving them to their employees. Maybe he should take an informal pole of the cell phones his fellow employees carry? Just a thought.

o
RE: cell phone without camera, with Palm-type function

Blackberry is comming out with a new one for Verizon soon. I am not sure if it has a camera or not but it is aimed at business users.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here