Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancyinmich

cell phone without camera, with Palm-type function

Nancy in Mich
15 years ago

Is there anyone else out there who works in a business that does not want employees bringing camera phones to work? I would think that this would be common - but apparently not. DH has a nice simple cell phone, and a Palm. When he looks for something to replace them both with, there is nothing out there that does not have a camera. He wants to be able to sync it to his laptop so his schedule can be updated.

I have no idea how the employer could possibly monitor the presence of cameras on employee cells, especially since tens of thousands enter and exit headquarters every day. But DH is a stickler for "the rules" and won't buck company policy. Any ideas? We're on Verizon now.

Comments (2)

• steve_a
    15 years ago

As a Palm user, I sympathize. He's not going to be happy with anything else, and all of Palm's phones have cameras. As do 99% of other phones. So if he doesn't want to buck policy, he will have to carry two devices, as I do. Verizon makes a basic phone, Coupe, with no camera, My wife has one and likes it. I'm sure there are a few others. What he really wants, I think is a Palm Centro phone. I'm not sure about Blackberries, maybe they don't have cameras, since the Govt and companies seem to be crazy about giving them to their employees. Maybe he should take an informal pole of the cell phones his fellow employees carry? Just a thought.

• prescottmary
    15 years ago

Blackberry is comming out with a new one for Verizon soon. I am not sure if it has a camera or not but it is aimed at business users.