Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vizio

Posted by jagfan1952 (My Page) on
Tue, May 8, 07 at 13:19

Does anyone know anything about the Vizio model TVs available at Sam's Club? In store, the picture looks quite clear and the stats are the same as the Sony and Samsung they have displayed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vizio

Vizio has become one of the largest sellers of LCD TVs in the last few years, by putting low prices on good-looking sets. You might want to check out the AVS forums (link below) for the specific models you have in mind.

It's not uncommon for even larger manufacturers to farm out the production of models at one end of the range or the other, or for LCD panel suppliers to vary based on the size of the screen and so on. Couple that with the fact that two or three panel manufacturers fabricate most of the LCD panels used, and differences between brands are not as apparent as they once were.

Here is a link that might be useful: AVS forums

o

FWIW, Consumer's Reports tagged the Vizio as the least reliable panel tv available.

o

When looking for a TV last year I looked at the Vizio. I wanted to like it. I tried to like it. I tried tweaking it to make it look better. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't make the picture look acceptable. It was always darker and looked like it was a soft focus -- not completely blurry, but not as sharp as I'd come to expect from an HD set. Ultimately I walked away from it and bought a Philips, which had the best bang for the buck and picture quality for the buck I could find. I haven't regretted it since.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here