Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Converter box/VCR programming problem

Posted by dlg421 (My Page) on
Wed, May 14, 08 at 11:58

I purchased a converter box and hooked it up to my VCR and TV per the schematic provided with the unit. Everything works fine EXCEPT when I try to program the VCR to tape programs. When doing this, the VCR menu only gives me a few of the many available channels to program in and when I program one of those, the taped output is of very poor quality. I tried having the converter box set to the channel that I want to record, but the same problems still exist. Is this because my VCR is old or is this an inherent problem with using the converter box with a VCR?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Converter box/VCR programming problem

You need to put the converter box on the desired channel and your vcr on the converter's output channel, IE either channel 3 or 4.

o

jdbillp,

I have that down. Its trying to program multiple programs on different channels at different times that seems to be no longer possible.

o

The converter box only has (1) output, you can only watch OR record (1) channel.

If you want to watch AND record (2) different channels, you'll need (2) converters.

o
RE: Converter box/VCR programming problem .

The VCR must be set to channel (3) OR (4) and remain there...

The VCR can still be programmed to record at a certain TIME, but the VCR can't be programmed to change channels on the converter box.

o

Ok I got everything so far about the tuner and all, but how do I set my vcr to the converters output channel, channel 3 or 4? Humor me please, I go into my Vcr's program and choose the date and time to tape and when it comes to channel I put 3 or 4? Or is this something that is already set up? Confused here, Please help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here