Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Memory Card...What Kind For Canon?

Posted by rosethyme (My Page) on
Fri, May 23, 08 at 9:40

I just bought a Canon PowerShot A650-IS 12.1 MP Digital Camera w/ 6x Optical Zoom, Image Stabilization & Face Detection. What is the best memory card to get for it? I seem to have read it's best to upgrade with a better card. Not camera literate here and really need help figuring it all out. TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Memory Card...What Kind For Canon?

I'm not sure which you'd like to buy but I found:

SD Card, SDHC Card, MultiMediaCard, MultiMediaCard Plus

listed as memory card options for this camera.

What I'd do is call PC CONNECTION and let them help you decide. They are a great electronics/computer catalog company in NH (no sales tax and very good prices). They have been in business since the late 1980's I think. They have great tech people who can help you with your decision.

I once wanted a kind of expensive cable for my computer to hook it up to a printer and their phone rep wouldn't sell it to me! He said I could get the job done with a product that cost 1/3 the price. It was new and not yet in their catalog. I took his advice and he was right. Saved me about $150. I trust them and they have never steered me wrong. You can get their 800 number from their website.

You are going to LOVE your Cannon camera. Get the most memory you can! You will be making mini movies all the time!

Good luck.

LENVT

Here is a link that might be useful: PCconnection

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here