Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ryan_m_gw

Philips TV problem Mod #32PT6441/37

ryan_m
17 years ago

I have a Philips TV Model number 32PT6441/37. When I turn the TV on it has a breif time 1-2 sec of audio then shuts off with the green led light blinking much like some of the others on here it blinks 2 times then 3 times then 1 long extended blink and repeats itself. I got this TV in April of 04 so its only a ittle over 2 years old please help me if you can thanks!

Ryan

Comments (3)

• discouraged_now
    17 years ago

The philips 32pt6441/37 has the power off problem. With information from this site first the resistor on the crt circuit board was replaced with no change.
    Then I ordered the Horizontal Driver Transistor Repair Kit from Tritronics. When I received their shipment, the transistor was missing from the kit. The kit consists of a transformer, several resistor and in a static-resistant bag showing philips part number 934054713215, identified in the included installation note as the SMD Field Effect Transistor. But instead of the transistor, only a small piece of spring like metal with an even smaller piece of plastic attached to it is found. I called Tritronics and was told that the missing part would be shipped right away. After waiting for a week I received another complete Kit, but the transistor was not there just the same thing as before.
    I found on the web PartStore.com who carries the same kit, and for a lower price and also lower shipping charge. I placed the order and wanted to explain to them the problem with this particular kit, but there was not an area for comments or a way to add a message. So then I called them on the phone an explained that I just placed an order for the kit and my concerns with the missing transistor, the person person said that there would be no problem with the kit. I received the shipment today and as you guessed it; the transistor is not present. Immediately called PartStore and was told that other than authorizing the return of the shipment there was nothing they could do.
    I find this hard to believe being that they most likely buy a quantity of parts from philips and should be able to get the missing part. I guess this is the kind of service that is available now.
    Needless to say, at this time I am extremely dissapointed, an unable to repair my daughter's tv set which has been down for over a month now.
    Does anyone knows the transistor part number? Not the useless philips number, (the PartStore person stated that they did not know it) or a substitute that would work ok on this set?
    Any assistance in the solution of this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

• raybea
    16 years ago

ryan,,i have the same tv and problem that you posted.could you advise me as to your results on repairing and if you ever got the parts problem resolved? my email is beasleyray9@bellsouth.net....thanks a bunch,,ray beasley

• redhead71
    16 years ago

Ryan and Ray,
    I have the exact same problem! Same exact tv. Have you made any progress yet? Please let me know if you do. Thank you =0)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville