Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yamaha R-5 :: Tuner Is Dead But Reciever Otherwise Works... HELP!

Posted by nobleserf (My Page) on
Fri, May 30, 08 at 3:51

Hello everyone!!

I have a Yamaha Natural Sound Stereo Receiver Model R-5. Yes... it's old but I like it. No... it's not the fanciest thing around... but, it has always done it's job.

My problem is that the tuner section including the display is dead. But, the machine does turn on and I can still play my cd player and dvd player through it.

Does anyone have any experience with these receivers that can direct me as to what to look for. I'll replace whatever components are necessary. I just need some direction as to what I'm looking for.

Is this a common problem?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yamaha R-5 :: Tuner Is Dead But Reciever Otherwise Works... H

I also love this amplifier and I own one since 1990. Recently I have bought 2 more, One found in Argentina, the other in USA.
Normally the supercap that is used like a bkup battery deads, so I would recommend u test this component first.

All I can do 4 u is send u PDF Service Manual.
emal me to mail.a@email.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here