Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hawkeyestoob

the movers broke my tv please help

hawkeyestoob
18 years ago

I just moved out of my apartment and into a house this weekend. The only glitch is with my big screen TV. While the movers were carrying it down the stairs from my apartment one of them dropped one end of it from about about six to ten inches onto the steps. Nothing was obviously broken at the time and while I wasn't happy about it there was nothing I could really do at that time.

The cable co. came buy later that day to my house to get everything transfered over and the set turned on just fine. The picture looked good, the guns were surprisingly still well aligned, and all seemed fine. After about 2 minutes of the set being on I noticed random green interference (various sises and shapes it appeared to be completely random). The interference would come and go for a couple more minutes then the set would just turn off. The red power light on the front of the set would just slowly blink on and off. the only way I can get the TV to reset is by unplugging it and then plugging it back in. The results are the same each time. The TV is a Toshiba 1999 model TZ61V61 with very low hours on the guns since I don't watch TV that much.

Does anyone have any clue as to what the problem might be?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig

Comments (3)