Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
the movers broke my tv please help

Posted by hawkeyestoob (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 30, 06 at 23:07

I just moved out of my apartment and into a house this weekend. The only glitch is with my big screen TV. While the movers were carrying it down the stairs from my apartment one of them dropped one end of it from about about six to ten inches onto the steps. Nothing was obviously broken at the time and while I wasn't happy about it there was nothing I could really do at that time.

The cable co. came buy later that day to my house to get everything transfered over and the set turned on just fine. The picture looked good, the guns were surprisingly still well aligned, and all seemed fine. After about 2 minutes of the set being on I noticed random green interference (various sises and shapes it appeared to be completely random). The interference would come and go for a couple more minutes then the set would just turn off. The red power light on the front of the set would just slowly blink on and off. the only way I can get the TV to reset is by unplugging it and then plugging it back in. The results are the same each time. The TV is a Toshiba 1999 model TZ61V61 with very low hours on the guns since I don't watch TV that much.

Does anyone have any clue as to what the problem might be?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Craig

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: the movers broke my tv please help

first go to the moving co and place a claim - you likely had some type of minimum coverage w/moving co

Then do you have homeowners insurance - after filing claim with the moving co , file with insurance co

Not sure what the prob w/tv is
good luck

o

I have the movers coming on monday to check out the damage. I hadn't thought of trying to file a claim with my insurance, but I will look into that as well.

Thanks,
Craig

o

Oh, that's too bad. Next time, make sure that you'll rent a movers that will assure 100% safety of your appliances

Here is a link that might be useful: boston area licensed and insured movers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here