Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pre-wiring an FM antenna in new construction

Posted by tooskinneejs (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 2, 10 at 20:37

I'm building a new house. Is is feasible to pre-wire an FM antenna into the wall before the drywall is installed? Would this work? How would I go about doing this? Could I use a some sort of regular wire or would I need to purchase something designed for antenna purposes?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pre-wiring an FM antenna in new construction

You'll get better FM reception if you place your antenna in the attic, not the wall. You would get even better reception if that antenna were placed on your roof but, understandably, many people don't want to do that,

Wire your antenna with RG6 coaxial cable.

o
RE: Pre-wiring an FM antenna in new construction

Look up your FMFool.com report from the link and post it here: that will give us a much better idea of what kind of antenna you'll need to use for best results.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to FMFool.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here