Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Home Telephone Headset

Posted by wildcherry (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 14, 07 at 17:17

I recently got a diagnosis for disc problems in my neck. Part of the solution is using a wireless headset at work instead of cradling the phone between my ear and shoulder while I do three other things. I've had my headset for a couple of weeks and absolutely love it. It's a Plantronics CS55 and I forget I'm wearing it, it's that comfortable. It is very liberating as far as what I can do while wearing it as long as I'm within a certain range of the recharge unit. I have decided to get one for at home and have researched the Plantronics CS55H (for home use) and it is quite pricey. The cheapest one I've found online is about $200.00 plus shipping. I have two questions.

1 - Does anyone have a CS55H or a good quality wireless home phone headset and what recommendations do you have?

2 - One of the ads I saw mentioned that the CS55H is for analog phones. Others mentioned it was designed for standard (or home) phone lines and wouldn't work in some offices. My home phone is a Panasonic KX-TG2770 with 2.4 GHz Digital Broad Spectrum. Can any of you electronics whizzes tell me if that means my phone is digital and not analog or if it's partly both and will the CS55H work on my phone?

It's a lot of money to spend and I'm not sure it's going to work with my phone. If I buy online it might be a pain to return and I'll most likely have to pay a restocking fee.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Home Telephone Headset

i think analog refers to the service type... i.e. voice iver i.p. or digital phone service offered by cable/satellite companies.

i could be wrong though, but digital cordless phones have been around for quite some time now i cant imagine that companies would still make expensive products that are not compatible with popular devices.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here