Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wildcherry_gw

Home Telephone Headset

wildcherry
17 years ago

I recently got a diagnosis for disc problems in my neck. Part of the solution is using a wireless headset at work instead of cradling the phone between my ear and shoulder while I do three other things. I've had my headset for a couple of weeks and absolutely love it. It's a Plantronics CS55 and I forget I'm wearing it, it's that comfortable. It is very liberating as far as what I can do while wearing it as long as I'm within a certain range of the recharge unit. I have decided to get one for at home and have researched the Plantronics CS55H (for home use) and it is quite pricey. The cheapest one I've found online is about $200.00 plus shipping. I have two questions.

1 - Does anyone have a CS55H or a good quality wireless home phone headset and what recommendations do you have?

2 - One of the ads I saw mentioned that the CS55H is for analog phones. Others mentioned it was designed for standard (or home) phone lines and wouldn't work in some offices. My home phone is a Panasonic KX-TG2770 with 2.4 GHz Digital Broad Spectrum. Can any of you electronics whizzes tell me if that means my phone is digital and not analog or if it's partly both and will the CS55H work on my phone?

It's a lot of money to spend and I'm not sure it's going to work with my phone. If I buy online it might be a pain to return and I'll most likely have to pay a restocking fee.

Comment (1)