Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Philips Magnavox PTV835 color alignment problems

Posted by Micolagirl (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 15, 05 at 14:41

I recently received a 56" Magnavox PTV835 ... Model 9P5034C102 manufactured 1-2000... Chassis # 29116256. The color alignment is way off. When you go into the screen to set the colors.. the pluses are way off. You fix one color & another goes out of align. For ex: when you fix the blue.. the red goes out of align... when you fix the red.. the blue messes up again. Can someone give me an idea as to what this problem might be before I spend a fortune hauling it in to a repair shop?

Thanks!

D

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Philips Magnavox PTV835 color alignment problems

The problem is a failure in the 'convergence circuit'.

Usually both of the convergence ICs, several resistors and maybe several capacitors. Plus possible defective connections in the convergence/deflection circuits. Then...alignment of the convergence circuit. NOT customer adjustment, but TECH alignment.

Before hauling the set anywhere, I suggest that you call a shop in your service area and explain the symptoms and ask for a 'rough estimate'.

Don't expect the repair to be "cheap"(it's not).

good luck,

pw

o
RE: Philips Magnavox PTV835 color alignment problems

I have the same box but a different problem I have a very different problem I have ton of little lines running through horizontally. This covers the entire length of the tv and they are always there but only show up on white. If there is adjustment I need to make please help me out and tell me what it is. If I need to take it in for repair it would be good to know what they will have to do and to figure out if i should try to do it.

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here