Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wireless microphones

Posted by rims (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 20, 08 at 14:29

Id appreciate some ideas on using wireless microphones and wireless headphones to help my hard of hearing father participate in conversations.

A couple of years ago I bought my father Sennheiser RS110 wireless headphones to watch TV and preserve my mothers hearing.

He has hearing aids and isnt pleased with them but loves the headphones.

What Im thinking about is getting 4 or 5 inexpensive lapel wireless microphones and having them feed into a receiver. He can then have his headphones connected to the receiver and hear the conversation when friends come over instead of nodding and making generic statements.

I have a Pioneer receiver and the headphones but need to know if this idea may work and what would be the best inexpensive lapel microphones to buy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wireless microphones

Each microphone would need to transmit on a separate channel and you'd need a 5 channel receiver, otherwise the RF would interfere with each other.

I think 5x the background noise (conversations,ect) would be too much to listen to.

o
RE: Wireless microphones

Thanks Regus,
I was afraid there would be a drawback. I think Ill buy one mike and see how he likes it.
Rims

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here