Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pushing incoming calls to answerer when on another call?

Posted by greginshasta (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 12, 10 at 14:26

I run a home office. I frequently have incoming calls when I am already on the phone. I have call-waiting service from ATT.

I would like to puchase an answering system that would allow me to push a button and force incoming calls to the answering system rather than my having to click over, take a message, and then click back to the original call.

Does anyone know if such is possible?

I do realize that if I sign up for voice mail service with ATT that I can probably get that feature. I'm just not sure I want to pay monthly for ATT's voice mail service in order to get this feature.

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pushing incoming calls to answerer when on another call?

The TELCO may have a service like you are describing, but you cannot do it with only a single phone line.

You would need a second phone line with ring-over from the first and then you could set up an answering machine.

With only one phone line you cannot send another call to an answering machine at your office.

Some of the TELCOs offer a service as you describe.
An incoming call to a busy line rolls over to an answering service (computerized) at the TELCO .

You could also do the job with VOIP for the phone service, but that would essentially be creating a PBX on a computer at your house.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here