Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mp3 players

Posted by rabbit8 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 08 at 13:09

I am in need of help with choosing a mp3 player for myself. All I want is something simple to use. I want to download songs/sermons from the internet (my computer). I'm not lookng for anything with a whole lot of extra features. Please help. I never owned or operated an mp3 player.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mp3 players

I went looking for this type thing a number of months ago, and did some research just as you did. After some discussion with folks who owned Zune's, I went ahead and forked out the cash for the original - an iPod Classic. It's less expensive than the iPod Touch that has all the features (that I'd never use). The 80gig model runs about $250 all over the place - Circuit City, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and the military exchange system.

So far I'm finding it fairly easy to use - mostly because I bookmarked the manual, online, and then printed the pages I needed the most!

I haven't tried downloading any music from iTunes yet, but I've transferred more than 40 CD's onto it already. It looks pretty easy to do if you can read and follow written directions.

BTW - get the iPod locally, but then go to eBay for some of the accessories you'll want for it. It only comes with a USB cord and a set of earphones. You'll want the electric charger, you may want a car charger, and depending on your use, you may also want a 1/4" patch cord to plug it into the Audio jack of your stereo system.

DonnaR/CA

Here is a link that might be useful: iPod Classic manual

o
RE: mp3 players

Sorry - typo - 1/8" patch cord, not 1/4". You take the patch cord from the headphones jack of the iPod to the Audio In jack of your stereo system, which is probably a 1/8" jack.

Another thing you may want - an FM transmitter, so you can use the mp3 player in the car! This may also be the way to go if you want to use it with your stereo shelf system and there is no Audio In jack, providing of course you have an FM radio on your shelf system.

DonnaR/CA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here