Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Philips Magnavox

Posted by res88qe1 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 22, 07 at 11:50

I have a Philips Magnavox Model 7P5441 C101 Television Chasis Number PTV780-AH01 and when you try to turn it on there is a wire burn smell, so I took the back panel off and look into the board and had my wife to try to power it on with the remote and there is a round ceramic disk capacitor that sparks and is burned through.

I got a magnifying glass and looked on the board and at the capacitor there is a number C811 it looks like or it could be CB11, it is the only Brown Round Ceramic disk Capacitor there on the right board when looking in from the back.

I tried to call and get a schematic but can get no one to help me, I would appreciate very much if you could help. I was going to purchase a capacitor off of the internet that looks like it but I do not want to purchase the wrong one, and also if you do not mind in which way does it go in as the side with the numbers, I think they go toward the front of the Television correct?

Please send help to my email address would you please, Thanks Again.

Thank You
Sincerely
God Bless
Ben

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Philips Magnavox

After the above Television went out I went and purchased another one Just like it and it works good but the color is very bad on it, I tried to adjust with the remote and got it somewhat better and then I took the back off to adjust and it got a little bit more better but it is still bad, is there anything I can do to make it better? Model: 8P4844C101 Chasis Number: PTV810-AH01

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here