Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please help...

Posted by jspeachyn5 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 7, 08 at 11:29

Hello all, I,m from the ozark forum, but am having a big problem. ok maybe not big to you but huge to me. I have a sylvania 27" #SRT2227S. Then I purchased a Memorex MVD4544. So I would only have one machine. Any way I have read and reread this booklets and can not figure out (and I have tried) how to them so I can watch a movie and later recore my program. I have it hooked up as... the rca jacks from the memorex out to the sylvania rca jacks in on the back. I have tried 2 sets of jacks hook up in back and front I don't know I am about to throw this thing out and go back to my 2 separate machines I had hooked up before. PLEASE help me. I know the front jack is the main one have tried to hook both front jacks on each togather still nothing. what am I doing wrong. And before you ask yes I do push the game/video button to watch a movie. I also tried this to recored. but also how would I change the channel to recored?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please help...

Antenna or Cable box OUT to> INPUT of DVD/VCR

DVD/VCR OUT to> INPUT of TV

o

Sorry I forgot to say... their is no place to plug in the antenna/cable. The dvd/vcr has a video IN on front for video 2, and video IN on back for video 1. My TV has this as well and has a place to plug in the antenna/cable.

o

aahhh.. the Memorex MVD4544 is not a recorder, only a DVD player and a VCP player

Memorex MVD4544

o

I'm sorry but the manual say right on the front as well as the box DVD/CD/VCD/MP3/PHOTO CD Player and Video Cassette recorder.

o

OK, in that case you'd connect your cable box VIDEO output > into the 3 front VIDEO IN on the MVD4544.

Connect the MVD4544 rear VIDEO OUT > into the TV Video IN

also: the MVD4544 manual mentions it has an antenna/cable input for the VCR

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here