Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rodslinger

Phillips Magnavox model # PTV835 Problem

Rodslinger
19 years ago

Hello,

I have a Phillips Magnavox model # PTV835 and something has gone wrong with the picture. The color seems to beÂ..strange. I go through all the color/tint/brightness settings but no matter what I do it almost looks dull, or too red in some places. You really canÂt distinguish the colors very well anymore  itÂs not like watching a black and white tv but the colors arenÂt sharp anymore. Any ideas?

Thank you!!!!

Comments (5)

• Micolagirl
    18 years ago

I recently received a 56" Magnavox PTV835 ... Model 9P5034C102 manufactured 1-2000... Chassis # 29116256. The color alignment is way off. When you go into the screen to set the colors.. the pluses are way off. You fix one color & another goes out of align. For ex: when you fix the blue.. the red goes out of align... when you fix the red.. the blue messes up again. Can someone give me an idea as to what this problem might be before I spend a fortune hauling it in to a repair shop?

Thanks!

D

• joed
    18 years ago

The ultimate test for color is to turn the color off. If the set is not black and white then you can see the problem. eg too red or too green.

• teknident
    18 years ago

I have a 65" PTV840, and athough I can determine the red and green shades and make some adjustments, it still lacks blue. The clearity is altered due to being so dark now.

• latino17
    18 years ago

MAGNAVOX PTV835:

Can anyone provide me with a schematic for this model. I have no audio to the internal spkrs. I know of some problems with the ssb. I replaced it after checking the obvious(spkrs, solder joints, connections, etc)with no results. I am in need of a schematic to do a thorough check of the audio circuit.

• ken_greatlodge_com
    16 years ago

My ptv835 has a washed out look to it. It's like the brightness is maxed out even if I adjust it all the way down (or up). It just doesn't make a big difference.

I found where some Magnavox CRTs had a capacitor which was under spec and would do something similar. If I knew of such I would not have a problem replacing it (I know about flyback transformers, etc. and have worked on CRTs before).

Sooo, if you manage to find a schematic - please do post about it here.

Thanks

Sponsored
Century Stair Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
DC Metro Area Luxury Custom Staircase & Railing Professional