Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
magnavox update help!

Posted by newgirl40 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 20, 08 at 6:48

Hi new here, and I need help with updating my flat screen from a usb stick.
I have the software on the stick from the magnavox site, and when I try to update my tv, it says "no software found on the inserted media"
can anyone please help me with this?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: magnavox update help!

I'm just guessing:

Is it the right file for that model ?

Is the file on the USB stick ?

Is it in a folder and it shouldn't be ?

o

yes, it is the right file, and it is on the stick and no, it is not on a folder it shouldn't be in.

o

Ok, I got it! I did ALOT of reading online and figured out that I just had to put the file in a folder called "UPGRADES", and it worked!
Thanks anyway!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here