Return to the Electronics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
transferring music from real player

Posted by ae2ga (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 23, 11 at 6:40

Hi - I tried to search this and didn't find an answer. I need to transfer quite a bit of music from Real Player to Windows Media Player. I'm gifting myself with a Zune and want to put the music from my computer (about 14G) a five year old HP dv600.

I've Googled directions and read that I can transfer from Windows Media but not from Real Player (and of course, most of my music is on RP). Does anyone know how to do this in a transferring music for dummies kind of format?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: transferring music from real player

While various little known programs exist that will convert the ra/rm RealPlayer to common formats, they may be a little hit and miss as to how well they work.

A quick look at the Real website does show that the newest free version of RealPlayer for Windows does in fact have the capability to convert and transfer your entire library to a portable device. (See link below.)

As a side note: There has been rumors of Microsoft discontinuing Zune hardware but Microsoft claims that they are simply just not bringing out new models, will be continuing the current models, and will continue to incorporate Zune into Windows based mobile phones.

Here is a link that might be useful: RealPlayer Help

o
RE: transferring music from real player

Thanks bunches. Maybe I should consider an iPod instead. I'll update my Real Player, and see what I can do with it then.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Electronics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here